To start, find the most similar article of clothing you own - a coat, leather jacket, or sweatshirt - and lay it down on a flat surface. Grab a pencil and paper and use a tape measure to record the following measurements:
- Length - Measure from the top of the shirt, just next to the collar, to the very bottom of the shirt.
- Chest - Measure across the chest, just below the bottom of the armhole. Double this measurement to get the total chest measurement.
- Sleeve - Lay the sleeve straight and measure from the outside of the sleeve, starting at the top of the shoulder all the way down to the sleeve opening.
- Waist - Measure the bottom hem of the shirt from left to right. Double this measurement to get the total waist measurement.
- Shoulder - Finally, flip your shirt over and measure the distance between the shoulder seams on the back (where the sleeves are attached to the body of the shirt).
Order the size that matches your measurements most closely. Don’t worry if they don’t match up exactly, though: the actual jacket measurements may vary by ¼".
If your measurements fall between sizes, we normally recommend ordering the larger size. If you like a more snug fit, however, feel free to size down. You can always exchange it for free if it doesn’t fit!
Want a second opinion? Feel free to send us an email.