Where do we need help?
We are looking for an experienced financial controller, or comptroller, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, and the development of internal control policies and procedures. Finance controller responsibilities will also include financial risk management and cost auditing with external partners. This person should be excited about the challenge of building a finance department within a fast-growing startup and will be central to future strategy throughout our growth.
What does the job entail?
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements and support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Provide strategic advice for maximizing capital efficiency, profitability and growth within the context of business goals
- What are we looking for?
- Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years overall accounting and finance experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements and general ledger function
- Excellent accounting software and administration skills
- Proficiency with G-Suite and Office Suite products
Who are you?
- Enthusiastic about how high-quality finance operations can drive better business decisions
- A stickler for accuracy, who appreciate the importance of detail-driven work
- Someone who thrives in a fast-changing, dynamic work environment
- Thoughtful about balance sheet management and the best ways to deploy capital
- Deeply interested in learning how to scale a fast-growing startup
- Highly disciplined and logical in your thinking
- Clear, direct, and timely in your communication
- Self-reliant, dependable and able to think through problems independently
- Team player who prioritizes results over ego
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary + equity
- Growth opportunities
- Health insurance
- Free product